Friday, June 21, 2019

Nice progress

I decided that since I am cutting up half fabric width strips I might as well make 16 patch blocks first and then deal with the leftovers pieces and make 8 parch blocks or stick the single 4 piece strips in a separate quilt top. So last evening I did good and got all the 16 patch blocks I could out of the strips I had already sewn together.

I have more strips to sew together so I may change around these blocks. Here is the pile I still have to sew. The prints were all leftover from the big 16 patch quilt and I cut more solids to go with them.

The sun is out today! What a relief from all the rain. No rain in the forecast until Monday so I am hoping to get some yardwork done. Number one job is to move more dirt to the bed where I am going to plant my squash. The plants have gotten big and need to be put in the ground. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Janice Holton said...

You sure are churning out the 16 patches! I love the look of them. So bright and cheery!

Ann said...

Lately I like using most of the leftovers immediately, too. Good plan to use it all up in various ways.