Thursday, June 6, 2019

Another top ready

I finished up cutting the teal squares for the charm square baby quilt.

I took down those squares from those two charm packs that were not work and put up these fabrics from another pack.
This pack was a mix of textured fabrics
and some solids
To fill in the blank spaces I found enough of this polka dot fabric to cut squares

So this top is now ready for sewing which will be on the agenda tonight since I have no more room on the design wall to layout another quilt.

It poured rained yesterday around 9:30 to 10 and then it poured again about 3. The rain was coming down so hard I could hardly see at times to drive. I am just glad I wasn't on an interstate. The roads were flooding and I had to slow down to make my way thru the water. Once I pulled up to the house I thought about my plants and seeds. Poor things were drowning!

I dumped the standing water out then propped them up to help drain the water out.

Now it is just a matter of time to see what survives. The good thing is I won't need to water them for a while! LOL!!! Someone at work told me we are forecasted to get no more rain until Sunday. It needs to dry out so I can mow my grass. The Weather Channel says we got .49" but I know we got more than that.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That will be 2 nice fast quilts to add to your stack of baby quilts.

It is too bad the rain has to come in a downpour instead of nice and gentle. We are supposed to have a few dry days in a row too.

Kaja said...

I like how that teal works with the other squares - maybe teal is a neutral too. Nice save with your poor plants.