Wednesday, June 26, 2019

I did not fall in a hole!

I spent Monday and Tuesday at the job site; I will get to that in a minute. First the weekend. I got two more baby quilt tops made. I decided since I had to make more 16 patch blocks to use up what I had leftover from the 16 patch quilt, I mostly cut solids in pinks and purples. Once made I divided the blocks up into more boy looking blocks and more girl looking. These are the two tops.

I took the left over 4 patch strips and hung them up on the design wall to see if I had enough for another top and I did. I got the top two rows sewn together last evening.

Saturday I spend and hour or two weeding the center flower bed. I got a new tool to help me dig the weeds up. It worked great until it came apart. I put it back together and pounded the head into the handle and did that whenever it loosen up. I will take it apart and put some Gorilla glue in the plastic fitting. Maybe that will keep it together. The thing only cost me 7 bucks.
It was cool outside on Sunday morning so I got the squash in the ground. I hauled 5 or 6 loads of dirt over to the bed first. Once I got them planted I installed fence; I don't want the deer eating my plants! I had this fencing for years so it was time to put it to use. I made an opening so I can get inside to weed. I always keep old shoestrings and I used those to tie the door closed. So far the plants seem to be doing fine. This ended up taking 4 1/2 hours.

Monday and Tuesday at work consisted of counting materials for handrail and crash rail plus moving some materials out of the mechanical rooms. The hospital had been complaining about the pile of stuff outside for months - this is a pile of pieces and parts for hand and crash rail. These boxes are 241" long!
Ruth and I had to measure, count, and haul all of this to the trash. I was dirty and mice had been living in the boxes. It had been sitting outside since last fall. The dumpster was on the other side of the hospital so it was a long way to push this stuff on a cart and wrestle it into the dumpster. We swept up the dirt and debris, then got out the hose and wash the area down. It looks a lot better.

Next we had to go up to the mechanical room and move 15 fire extinguisher cabinets and boxes of countertop brackets to the container storage unit we have. These should have never been put in the mechanical room. It took three trips to move the cabinets, brackets, and the empty pallets.

I ended up with over 16,000 steps and almost 7 miles on my fitbit yesterday. Can you say tired? LOL!!!


Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You are going to have a good size pile of baby quilts when you get these done.

That is a lot of exercise at work. You sure don't need to go to a gym to work out between that and gardening.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

OMGosh. Hard work. I hope you are not having the humidity that we are in Northern Indiana!! But, always looking on the brightside it was good exercise. Just be sure to drink plenty of water..I am preaching that all the time around here.

Your quilt tops are colorful.
xx, Carol