Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Rows are ready

I got the other two rows of units sewn together last evening. Tonight I will sew the rows together and then I will have another baby quilt top to put in the pile.

Last Wednesday when I was out at the job site my boss (Pam), a laborer (Ruth), an I were at the end of the workday and they were partaking in some peanut M&Ms. I was resisting and said I made biscuits the week before and gained 2 pounds so don't even get me started on the M&Ms. Their eyes lit up and the conversation turned to biscuits. They both carried on about homemade biscuits, so I promised I would bring them some next week. Next week is today and here are the biscuits I made last night for them.

The Shasta daisies are starting to bloom! In the front bed the transplanted plants are a bit behind the others.

Then in the center bed, three of the plants are blooming, but the rest are behind a bit.

2 comments:

Pauline Michaud said...

Hi Patti, I love seeing the pictures and seeing how your gardens/yard are doing. My garden has been blooming as well... my anemones have just finished blooming, and now my peonies (a later blooming variety) and the lavender is starting to bloom.

We've managed to get our house prepared for sale, and it's now on the market. It was a lot of work as we essentially had to go through every cupboard, closet and area of the house. We're hoping the house will sell soon so we can find our next home. My MIL is waiting for us to find an accessible place so she can move in with us.

My quilting stuff is packed away waiting for a move. I can only work on the occasional small project, which then requires me to assemble everything from different closets LOL.... cuts into my quilting time for sure.

I love the projects you've been working on. Looking forward to more photos.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

All it takes is talking about food and I gain weight! The biscuits look good. I'm glad you have some blooming going on now. It will be continuous from this point with your long lasting blooms of daisies and coneflowers.