Friday, April 12, 2019

Bits of this and that

I got the bobbins wound for the 16 patch quilt. I am going to use yellow on the back and the variegated thread from Vicki on the front. I was afraid I wouldn't have enough of the variegated thread for both the top and bottom threads since the 16 patch quilt is on the large size. Since the back is mostly yellow, I went with the solid yellow.

I have been washing fabric and have a pile to now iron. The fabric with the skulls is for the Harley quilt.

I forgot to show you two pieces I bought a couple weeks ago at a quilt shop where my son lives. They were both on the clearance rack. I got two yards of the leaf print and took the 5 1/3 yards that was left on the bolt for the other print. I had some of that print in my stash. I like that print so much I just had to buy it! It could be for a back someday.

I got a thank you card for the flannel quilt this morning. This is an example why us quilters receive so much joy from giving the quilts we make away.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That smaller print works great with the Australian fabrics and probably would work well with the African prints too. I have a piece of it too.

Ann said...

Good idea to mix solid yellow thread on the back with variegated on top. That should keep tails from showing. through.

Kaja said...

I'm happy that your beautiful quilt, and the making of it, are properly appreciated.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

It is so wonderful when someone really appreciates our work! Love the quilting on the 16 patch!