Thursday, April 18, 2019

Better than nothing

I had a long day yesterday. I left for work at 5:30 a.m. and didn't get home until 5 p.m. You do the math. I made some dinner, did a load of laundry and only had the energy to run thru one bobbin on the 16 patch quilt. Getting a little done is better than nothing!

I did get the woven iron on interfacing I ordered from HomeSew. I use this for the boxy pouches. It is 60" wide and a little over 5 bucks a yard. I bought 5 yards. I think this is the best woven iron on interfacing I have used.

I finally got around to contacting Cuisinart about the pan I bought in December. Here is the pan with mac and cheese in it.

I like this pan except that the bottom is not flat. When I go to stir something without holding a handle the pan rocks and spins. That drives me crazy! I had to send customer service pictures so I put a ruler across the bottom so they could see that the bottom was not flat.

I couldn't find an All Clad pan with the two grab handles. All they had was one with one grab handle and one long handle. The two other All Clad pans I bought have flat bottoms and sit on my glass top perfectly. Yes I paid a lot more for them than what the Cuisinart pan cost me, but I still wasn't expecting the Cuisinart pan to have a rounded bottom. We will see what happens with this.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That pan sounds like an accident waiting to happen. I hope they give you a new pan or refund. I can't imagine they can come up with a good reason why they made it like that.

barbara woods said...

good luck.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

So strange to have such an expensive pot be warped like that. I need to make two baby quilts really soon so I was thinking’s my about doing some 116 patches. Since I love the way yours turned out! I have a jelly roll that would save time on so,e of the cutting!