Monday, April 29, 2019

What a busy weekend

Friday night I quilted on the Harley quilt. Saturday I was up early and quilted on the Harley quilt. Sunday I also worked on the Harley quilt. So I now have it 33% quilted. I am down to 25 days to get it done.

On Saturday when I just couldn't quilt one more stitch, I decided to clean the garage. My goal was not to stop until the trash bin was full. After about an hour and a half I noticed that the rain was coming in and the yard needed mowed. We are forecasted to get a lot of rain in the next week or two so I thought I had better mow the grass before it gets out of hand. I did get the trash bin about 3/4 fill and about half the garage cleaned. The recycle bin was completely stuff and I loaded the car with five boxes of stuff that needed to be taken to work. The garage is looking better, but I have the other half to clean. I was doing my best to be brutal and just get rid of stuff.

At 7:30 p.m. my neighbor and I went to get something to eat so that was it for the day. I rained Sunday early, but the sun finally came out after noon. About 8:30 a.m. I heard a loud bang. It sounded like something hit the roof. I looked out back and a tree had fallen. I got dressed and texted the neighbor to let them know what had happened if they had heard the noise. The tree grazed the house, but didn't do any damage. The neighbor lady came out to see what was going on and helped with cleaning up what we could with my little electric chain saw. We were out there about 1 1/2 hours. I wanted to get the branches out of my flower bed. Too bad the tree didn't fall about 10' to the right of where it did. It then would have hit my pitiful deck that needs replaced and the insurance company would have helped pay for the replacement!

After cleaning up the tree, I sewed a bit on the Harley quilt and did some laundry. I headed over to my brother's house about 3 and did a couple hours of yard work over there. I had to quit when the trash bin was stuffed full. I had lots of sticks so a garbage bag would not work. So say the least I am tired today and my shoulder is sore from trying to get the mower started.

I was up very early this morning, 3:45, and made scones to take to the IT guys.


Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Wow, what a busy weekend. It is good you can go to work and get some rest...ha, like that will happen. You are making good headway on the Harley quilt.

Vicki W said...

You did have a busy weekend! Great progress on the Harley quilt.