Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Layered up!

I finished piecing the back together. I taped it down, cut some batting, and laid out the quilt top. It is all ready for me to start pin basting!

The back is a combination of Jane Sassaman and African Dutch Wax Fabrics. I still need to figure out what color of thread I am going to quilt it with. I am leaning toward a yellow in my head, but I will have to try out several colors. The other deciding factor will be if I have enough in my thread stash to quilt this quilt. I am not going to buy any thread! Well, I am going to try not to buy any! LOL!!!

5 comments:

barbara woods said...

I can send you some yellow if you send me your snall mail

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

We’ve been having very cold weather as well. It was 38 degrees yesterday morning! Love those Jane Sassanian prints!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

We’ve been having very cold weather as well. It was 38 degrees yesterday morning! Love those Jane Sassanian prints!

Vicki W said...

Do you like King Tut thread? Because I have some I want to get out of my stash and 1 of them might work on your quilt. I could send a photo of what I have available

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I think you could easily use several different colors of thread and it wouldn't be noticeable. I would probably wind all of the bobbins in one color though.