Friday, October 26, 2018

What a week

I am so glad it is Friday. It has been a crazy week. My sewing plans for the weekend are to work on the project I can't show you yet and to get started sewing these Dresden plate pieces together. Remember these? The pieces were in a bin of fabric scraps that were gifted to me. The pieces are just begging me to be made into a quilt. I need to go thru my stash and see what I can find as far as some vintage white/off white fabric to stitch the plates on.

I started marking the pieces where I have to start and stop the sewing. I plan on hand appliquéing the rings, so after they are sewn together I will press a 1/4 inch under at the centers and the curves.

I had to move my desk and stuff yesterday from one side of the construction area to the other. The contractors needed to get into the space we were at. Here is my space as of the moment.

Over the last couple of days I have been collecting rocks turned up by the contractors moving dirt around where the rest of the new parking lot will be. They are getting ready to pave the lot so the rock gathering will be over very soon. This morning I loaded the car. The rocks are not big, but they are still a good, useable size.

Here is a picture of the site from my window. You see where the cars stop at the center left? Just beyond that is the parking lot they are working on. The street is going to be repaved also.

I have been tired this week so I don't feel like I got much done. My arms and wrists are feeling much better so maybe it was a good thing I didn't do much. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That has been a good deal to get all of the rocks free from the work site. A few at a time wasn't overwhelming like getting a big bunch at once would be.

Vicki W said...

Your dresden project reminds me of my feedsack flowers. Be careful, it's a deep rabbit hole!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Somehow I don’t see these fabrics in you stash! I did a lottery chair position for a year at one of my guilds and we did a 30’s block lotto one month. I never win anything and joked the whole month that this was going to be the one I won. Guess what? I DID win them! Still have the quilt, it kinda grew on me after a while. Haven’t won another one since.