Thursday, October 18, 2018

Lavender in the ground

It was another beautiful evening so I decided to spend an hour working on that center flower bed. I moved 8 half wheelbarrows of dirt, set some rocks, and now the lavender plants are in the ground! Here is where I left off on Tuesday

I had to tear out more of the plastic edging that I am replacing with the rocks

And this is what it looks like now. I plan on transplanting a clump or three of Shasta Daisies to the left of the lavender to fill in that area.

The new lavender plants are placed in the middle behind the three plants I already had. I fertilized all the lavender and gave them a big drink of water.

I ended up spending 1 hour and forty minutes, but I am happy to have gotten so much done. Here is a shot of the bed from another angle so you can see what I have left to do. I only have a few of the bigger rocks left so I will have to be creative and transition into using smaller rocks.

By the time I cooked food for lunches and got a shower there was no time to sew. Maybe tonight.

1 comment:

Janie said...

Good for you and the weather held!
Lavender and daisies, beautiful.