Thursday, October 11, 2018

More progress on the flannel quilt

I got the rest of the units sewn together that make up one half of the 4-patch blocks.

I started pressing them and matching them up into pairs

I still have some 3 1/2" squares left

so I am going to take the leftover bits and make a few more 2" x 3 1/2" pieces to sew together then add on the 3 1/2" squares.

I was so hot at work yesterday. With having to help clean up the dusty footprints, I was sweating. This morning it is 70 degrees with the humidity 92%. It is not cooler like it was forecasted. When it is that sticky the construction dirt sticks to your skin and clothes. It is not fun.

4 comments:

swooze said...

Ahh progress. Your cooler weather will arrive. We dropped off into the 70s with a storm that arrived. Feels great in TX!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The hurricane might keep you from getting our cool down. It is 43 degrees at 9 a.m. and we will be lucky to see 50 today.

Ann said...

It's coming along nicely, Patty.

Kaja said...

I hope it gets cooler for you soon - your work situation sounds downright unpleasant.