Wednesday, October 10, 2018

A little sewing

I only got a few more units sewed together for the pink and lavender flannel quilt. These still need pressed and matched up to make 4 patch blocks.

I had a tree guy meet me after work. I need to take down a very tall and bushy pine tree that is about 10-12 feet away from the house. I have had the tree trimmed so the branches don't hit the house, but now the tree is getting lopsided and trimming a 50' tree is not going to happen. There was a raccoon that used the tree to jump on the roof last Saturday so I am getting rid of his pathway and taking the tree down. My neighbor has a beautiful magnolia tree that branches run into this pine, so it will be good for that specimen tree to have the pine removed. Then when the magnolia blooms in the spring I will be able to see a lot more of it and enjoy the color.

Work on the canopy continues. Here is a picture of underneath. Piles of dirt and materials everywhere! The concrete guys were pouring and forming curbs, the snow melt guys were installing pipes, and the mason was setting up for building the columns. Lots of action!

5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

A raccoon on your roof doesn't sound very good. I have had squirrels on mine but I have had all of the branches close to the house cut off too so it's not easy for them any more.

Janie said...

You're making progress!
The construction at your work is amazing.
It's kind of like a big sewing project.
Good call on the tree removal. My son recently had
a tree taken down in his yard. It was diseased and could easily have
fallen or dropped a branch onto the neighbor's house.
Good to be proactive on that.

Ann said...

Wise choice to remove the tree. I'm glad you had some sewing time.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Lots of action both at work and at home! Very interesting about the MRI room build. Carrie designed a Lab for LSU that will be working on top secret high containment materials and she had to learn a bunch of new stuff to design that. So interesting.

Kaja said...

Taking down the tree sounds like a win on all fronts; a view of the magnolia will be beautiful when it's in flower.