Monday, October 29, 2018

Houston, we have a problem

I spent the weekend sewing. I sewed together the first Dresden plate ring and we have a problem. The pieces are not the right size so I cannot make the ring

So now I have to decide what to do. One option is to cut them to the correct size. I have a template that I bought and used a long time ago and was able to find it. Here is the template laid on one of the pieces so you can see the size difference.

Another option is to see if I added more pieces so I could close the ring. Or maybe I could just make half circles or quarter circles and then I would not have to trim all the pieces. I will have to see what might work best.

It rained most of the weekend.
The only time I went outside was after my neighbor knocked on my door so I could show him and his cousin the small tree that we had talked about a couple of weeks ago that they could cut down. They were cutting down some other small trees and his cousin was looking for more to cut down. Men and their chainsaws! I haven't heard from the tree company about when they will be over to cut down that huge pine tree.

I spent most of the weekend working on the project I can't show you. I now have 6 out of the eight rows done! This is taking me a lot longer than I thought it would, but I like the results.

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I would add more pieces and see if it closes the ring, You could always adjust the seam allowance a tiny bit on the last 2 pieces if it is close.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Oooh, go radically modern with those Dresdens!

swooze said...

😍

Kaja said...

How odd they are the wrong size. I would be looking for any solution that didn't involve trimming, but I have no patience for that sort of job. At least, one way or another, they are being rescued.