Monday, October 8, 2018

Dealing with piles

It was hot this past weekend - in the mid 80's - way hotter than it is suppose to be this time of year. The humidity is brutal too so I stayed indoors in the A/C as much as possible. I did have to mow and trim. It was hard with the sun beating on me.

Since I stayed indoors it was time to do a bit of cleaning and deal with piles. You know, those piles that just seem to appear! I moved some scraps around and emptied three containers. Two of the containers I wanted to put the flannel projects in them, so I had one for the baby quilt top blocks and the other I put the blocks in for the 9-patch quilt. Then I had kept the box from the new fry pan I bought a couple months ago and it was perfect for the pink and lavender pieces. Now if I need my big table for laying out something it will be easy to just move those containers.

I also now have a pile of four patch blocks

I have a pile of pieces that need sewn together to make more 4-patch blocks

and here is a pile of squares and pieced patches to make more units for more 4-patch blocks.

My sewing studio looks so much better with the clean up this weekend. I also did some cooking, dishes, and visiting family this weekend too. The temps this week are 87 today, 85 tomorrow, 81 Wednesday and 69 Thursday. It is going to be brutal at work with the heat and humidity so I am looking forward to Thursday. So with the cool down finally happening maybe next weekend I can get the garage straightened up and work on the rock borders for the large flower bed. I would like to get the pile of dirt out of the driveway before it snows.

5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

We haven't had as many days of the heat as you have but it sure is uncomfortable at this time of year.

Ann said...

Piles of fabric and dirt. At least you have the fabric organized and sorted.

Vicki W said...

I had big plans to do a major cleanup of my sewing room as soon as I got home from the quilt show. But then my best friend gave me a cold and I'm just laying around watching TV.

swooze said...

Snow!?!?

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

We are fiinally getting some cool. Well, cool is relative anyway. We are in the mid 80s this week. At least we are missing the hurricane