Monday, October 22, 2018

What I did this weekend

Let's start with sewing. I worked on the project I can't show you and I pieced together some scraps of some silk screen prints on a heavy cotton to make some potholders. The one potholder I have is awful so I needed some new ones bad! I got one done. It is a bit too big, but it works.

I used these buttons which were in my Grandmother's sewing stuff to attach a loop.

Here are the other five I have pieced, but I am going to cut them down. They are just too big.

I worked on trimming up Bubba Jr. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I just keep nipping away at it until I get it just the way I want it. I just keeping taking little bits off then stepping back and looking at it to see how far I want to take it. Here is what it looked at the beginning

and here what it looks like now

I brought three rocks home from work. When the contractors are digging around on the site, rocks show up! The big one was way heavier than I thought. Once I picked it up I wasn't about to drop it so I walked to the car as fast as I could. Oh my wrists were sore all weekend especially my left one.
The little ones came in handy. Here is where I put them.

I transplanted some Shasta daisies into the center flower bed.


and I move rocks to where I am going to need them to finish the edging around the center bed. I will have to dig out the edge a bit and set all the rocks, but having them moved to where I need them helps.

So all the rocks that I had in the driveway

are now down to this small pile

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

You sure got in a good workout this weekend!

Janie said...

Good patchwork on your potholder.
And more yard work, that counts for strenuous exercise!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I had to read forever to catch up! Bubba and the daisies look good. Never heard of such a thing as that hydrant noise. Ant say I have ever noticed them doing anything here and I have a hyspdrant by our driveway. The rocks are all looking good too!

Kaja said...

I really like those scraps of screen printing that you are using for potholders. Your yard is looking pretty good now - all that work has paid off.