Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Fabric chosen

I was exhausted when I got home from work. I had over 11,000 steps and 55 active minutes. I ended up having to climb this ladder just to the point where my head was up to that temporary wood railing so I could talk to the roofer. I was left alone on the job site for about 4 hours so there were thing like this I normally would not have to do.

When I got home I did managed to make some biscuits and a pot of chicken, brown rice, and bok choy for meals for the next couple of days, wash a load of clothes, shower off all the dust from work, then just sit down for a little bit. I dug thru my scrap bins of vintage fabric and came up with some pieces for the Dresden plate. The pieces have the same tone to them - kind of like they have a light tea dye to them. I am not crazy about that larger print so I may look again and see if I can find something else. I am guessing these fabrics are from the 40's because that dull tone is what I have seen a lot from that period.

The next layer that goes on the MRI walls and ceiling finally is underway. Here is the ceiling. I haven't seen how this is being installed or the reasoning behind the parts that are hanging down. I might figure it out over the next couple of days.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

I have a stack of feedsack fabric. Let me know if you want me to look for other options. I'm happy to share!

Kaja said...

Funny, I rather like that larger print in the mix. Mind you it looks like you have other options that will work too.