Monday, October 15, 2018

Getting stuff done

I was so tired Friday after work and Saturday I only managed to work on the pink and lavender flannel quilt. I got the rest of the pieces sewn together so that the next step is sewing the two halves together to make the four patch. Here is my stack of units paired up.

Sunday I was feeling better and I needed to make up for slacking off on Saturday. I did four loads of laundry, worked on the project I can't show you yet, and cooked food for lunches. I headed outside and four hours later I had mowed the grass and worked on the center flower bed. Here is the before

I moved all those rocks again since I didn't think they stuck up above the grade of the grass far enough. I dug down a little bit and put a brick under the rocks to elevate them. My arms are sore from moving them around. I added five wheelbarrows of dirt and finally planted the coneflowers that have been in pots for months.

I still need to top the dirt with sweet peat, but I will wait until I get a bit more done. I figure I am one quarter the way done. I need to get enough done at this end of the oval so I can get the three lavender plants in pots into the ground.

1 comment:

Kaja said...

I hope that next year you will be able to sit back and admire all your handiwork without having to do any more heavy lifting.