Project bags, pin basting, tote bags, and my new hoe
I tried very hard this weekend to not waste any time and get some stuff done. First the project bags. They are done and I made a few more. I love making these.
Saturday morning, I had to make an emergency trip to the car shop. Friday as I was leaving work one of the headlights died. I cannot drive on dark country roads without both headlights, so I took some knitting and a cross stitch project to keep me busy while I waited for them to fit me in. It only took 45 minutes instead of the estimated 2 hours, so I did get a solid 45 minutes of knitting on that scarf; it is almost done. After stopping a couple places, I headed home. Next project was to get the chevron baby quilt pin basted. I had gotten the top sewn together Friday night. The baby is due March 9.
I had to take some time to clean up the studio. It was bad! Next, I finished a small I made for my sister for Valentine's Day. Ok Kathy don't look! Yes, I am running late, and the post office is closed today because of President's Day so I will get this and a couple of things for her in the mail sometime this week.
On Sunday it was so nice outside I had to go out and try my new hoe. I hadn't even taken it out of the box yet so with doing that I did a bit of cleaning up in the garage while I was at it. Here is my new hoe.
I have been dreading digging up the daylilies in this bed by the house. I circled where the daylilies are located. They are so hard to dig up and they have been in this location for 10-15 years.
I also had this stump that I have been unable to get out.
Well, my new hoe cut thru the daylily roots like butter, and I was able to dig around the stump, cut the roots and get it out! Who knew a hoe could make such a difference. I wish I had one of these 30 years ago!
I love my new hoe! Here is what the bed looks like now. It is too early to sow seeds (I saved lots of coneflower seeds from last year), I will just let this bed sit and see if any daylilies I might have missed show up.
The last project I worked on was tote bags. I needed to press and topstitch more handles. Once those were topstitched, I had time to sew four bags together.
I have six more bags ready to sew together, three bags I will have to cut some fabric for handles and then all of the regular sized bags from that 162 I cut out a couple months ago will be sewn together. I then will work on the bigger bags for drumheads. I think I have around 15 of those.