Friday, February 17, 2023

A new project, a finish, and it's the weekend!

A co-worker asked if I could add a pocket to some flannel shirts for her mother. Her Mom had a stroke last year. She gets cold easily and cannot use her left arm very well. She has a couple other shirts that have a pocket so she can carry a fork to the dinner table or carry her phone, but she has four with no pockets so she won't wear them. I found some solid colored flannel to match the shirts so I plan on getting pockets sewn on these this weekend.
I finished the scarf! It is nice and fluffy so it well be great to wear when I go for my walks at lunchtime when it's colder and windy like today. We had some snow coming down this morning. Right now the high today will be 27 with 15 mph winds. The new scarf will get a test walk today! Thanks Vicki for the yarn!
It was too wet last night to work outside. I did walk around the house and the deer are really tearing up the grass with their hoofs. They must be running around like crazy back there to put the kind of dents in the turf that they are making. Thanks for all your nice comments on my yard. I am anxious to start throwing down some seeds, but it is too soon. This weekend I will be getting some cleaning done since I am having company tomorrow, get caught up on sewing together tote bags, get the pockets on the flannel shirts, and try to get that baby quilt quilted. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

How nice to add the pockets to the shirts for her! The scarf turned out nice and I love the added black stripe. I'm glad you could use it!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Have fun with your company and have a great weekend. It sounds like it will warm up a little this weekend.