Thursday, February 23, 2023

More work

My nephew who is the musician, stopped over last night and brought me some projects that need my expertise. Two of his keyboard cases need repaired. Fixing this zipper should not be a problem.
The other case, I am not sure I can get it under my sewing machine foot. I will try, but if I can't I will take it to an upholstery shop that is on my way home from work and see if the fellow can stitch it.
Michael also brought me two suits that need alterations. He dyed the suits and now they need the waists taken in. The jacket for the green suit needs the sleeves lengthened. Once I get the waists fixed then I will have him try them on again and hem them. He likes to wear bright colors so people can see him, kind of like what the late Queen of England did. She said she wore bright colors so the people could see her.
I didn't get much of anything else done last evening other than two loads of laundry. I did work on that small at lunch yesterday because it was raining hard with an 11 mph wind so no walking.  I got a little bit done this morning before work too.  Here is where I was yesterday morning and where I am now.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

I imagine that Michael's suits get a lot of wear and tear on the stage. Where does he find them?

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You were probably in the same part of the storm we were in yesterday. We got an inch of much needed rain yesterday. Without snow this winter we are really down on moisture. The wind is really gusty here today.