Monday, February 27, 2023

1st quilt finish for 2023

Geeze!! It sure took me long enough to get my first quilt finish for 2023! Not that I haven't been busy. I forgot to measure this, but it's a good size and will be useful still when the baby becomes a toddler.
Saturday a sewing friend came for the day. I was up at 5:15 and had stuff to do before she came. There was laundry, a trip to the grocery store, vacuuming, dishes, made a loaf of bread for lunch
and made some shortbread butter cookies
My friend worked on a log cabin quilt and I worked on quilting the chevron baby quilt. We had a good day of visiting and sewing! She did bring me a small stack of fabric that was given to her. I can use it to make tote bags.
I did get a package with some more Wishwell Weather Report fabric. Even since I saw this on Wanda's blog, Exuberant Color, I just had to get some. It is an older fabric, but I am having good luck tracking some down with Wanda's help and checking every shop that sends me emails. I got this from Stitchen' Heaven, but I did pay full price.
I have one more package coming from The Quilt Place in Orlando, Florida. They had some Weather Report in their clearance with an extra 15% off and different colors than I have bought so far. That price makes up for the fabric I bought at full price or at least that is the story I am sticking with! LOL!! Once I get the fabric from The Quilt Place I will show you all the fabric.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

With all you have done this year so far it's hard to believe that this is your first quilt! It's a cute one though. Glad you found some of those fabrics!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your whole collection of Weather Report. I need to make one more quilt top with it to use up my leftover pieces