Monday, January 16, 2023

Wireless pouches are out for delivery

I had a busy weekend filled with lots of different activities. I did get the two prototypes sewn together and two road case covers made for my brother. I got them shipped out Saturday morning and they are arriving this morning. I will find out which design they want and how many I need to make.
After shipping the box, I stopped to pick up some black duck cloth, then met an x-cousin for brunch. We hadn't seen each other since before the pandemic. We had a nice visit and will be making plans to go to dinner soon. I got home and I just relaxed the rest of the afternoon. I got up early Sunday and headed to a couple grocery stores. I needed chicken. Whole chickens were on sale, so I bought four. They had Clorox bleach that was some special marketing item during the pandemic and now they were trying to get rid of it. It was two gallons for 5 bucks! It was regularly priced at $6.79 a gallon. I now have enough bleach for several years! I just couldn't pass up that price! I also picked up some Xmas wrap that was dirt cheap. When I got home, I decided to cook the chicken three ways: in the crock pot, oven roasted in a dutch oven, and in a pot on top of the stove. It took me from 4:00 to 6:00 to pick the meat and clean up the mess. I now have chicken for making white chili. I ended up with almost 10 pounds of cooked chicken meat.
I made a pot of white chili and got four quarts. Meals for several days!
I did get 10 tote bags sewn together. The pile of unsewn bags is getting smaller and the bin of finished bags is getting full! Right now we have 10 shows booked. I know there will be a few more added to the schedule so I will need every bag I can get made.
The rest of the weekend was laundry, sorting thru paperwork that needs shredded, and cleaning up.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I hope your prototypes meet with approval. You accomplished a lot. I hate touching raw chicken so I could never do what you did.

Vicki W said...

Your prototypes look very professional and I like the fabric in the new bags a lot.