Monday, January 9, 2023

This and that

I kept busy this weekend and the weekend went so slow which was nice! I did get the placemats finished and gifted. My friend like them.
I decided to use up the scrap binding and little bit of leftover yardage to make myself a couple placemats. I wanted to wash one to see how they would wash up. Here are the finished placemats and the second picture shows how much the one shrunk. Not too bad!
My friend gave me my Xmas presents. Look at this beautiful vintage bowl and the cookie scoops!
The bowl is big! I just love it!
I spent some time working on tote bags. I decided I want to sew together 10 every Sunday morning. That way I won't be pushing before the first show of the season trying to get a bunch made.
I also pressed and topstitched some handles so those will be ready for next week's batch of tote bags. I am using up the partial bobbins of thread I had left from quilting the t-shirt quilt, so it is like killing two birds with one stone - emptying the bobbins and using up those small bits of thread.
I did some cooking, dishes, grocery shopping, laundry, and got the binding on the t-shirt quilt. Next, it's the hand stitching. I am happy with the gray fabric I picked.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

I love th eminion placemats! Those will make your meals very happy.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That bowl is huge! I bet it is heavy too.
I like your choice of binding too.

Ann said...

My sister gave me a cookie scoop a while back and it’s been very useful ever since. So helpful in getting cookies ready.
I like the minions fabric, too. And the grey binding. I wouldn’t have thought of it. Good for you.
I use up leftover bobbin threads when I can, too. Pre-sewing the straps is a good way to go. It’s so nice to have the “parts” ready.