Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Mending fences

Last evening, I got the last four tote bags done out of the batch that I should have had done on Sunday. At least now I am caught up.
The first thing I needed to do as soon as I got home from work is mend my fence. I saw several deer hanging out in the bed next to the garage where my cora bells are planted. The wet snow had knocked down a lot of the netting fence and they were inside the fence area looking for dinner. Ugh! I jumped out of the car and yelled at them. After parking the car, I gathered up wire ties and the roll of mesh fencing. I headed out to fix the fence and they were back already for another attempt at destroying my plants. I walked after them yelling and got them to move farther down the hill. 45 minutes later the fenced area now has two layers of netting. That ought to keep them at bay for a while.
I got a small start on appliqueing the Girl Scout sash to the t-shirt quilt.
It was snowing this morning. When I was walking back to the garage from taking out the garbage I saw that the snow was collecting on my satellite dish. May have to clean that off when I get home from work.
I'll be checking on my fencing too!

4 comments:

Kaja said...

Those deer are real pests. It makes me almost (almost) glad I have slugs instead.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I am so happy I don't have deer around my property. They stay in the wooded areas on the roads approaching town. I hope your fix is successful and that you have a good crop of plants in the spring.

Pauline Michaud said...

Hi Patty, I really enjoy you sharing all the different things you have been working on. There's always lots to keep you busy. I can't believe the deer are already at it with snow on the ground. Love how all your projects are turning out!

Vicki W said...

The deer are one reason that I don't plant anything here. We have a herd of about 8 at all times.