Thursday, January 6, 2022

Progress on to-do #1

I got the rows taken apart at lunchtime yesterday. I hung the rows up on the design wall to keep everything in order. I took apart the left hand row one block at a time and trimmed them. They were close to 6 3/4" square, but not quite all the same size. I trimmed them to 6 1/2" square so the remade quilt won't be too much smaller. I also interfaced the brocade squares to stop the fraying. The row on the left is not sewn together, but all the blocks have been trimmed.
I changed out most of my window sill decorations at my booth at work. I took down the Christmassy Cats Meow pieces and replaced them with the OSU stadium, the Cleveland Indians pieces, and a couple of quilt shops. My friend at work gave me the eagle to set on top of the new stadium. The eagle was a toy from one of those Kinder Joy eggs.

2 comments:

Pauline Michaud said...

I can't wait to see how the resewn quilt will turn out... I'm sure it will be a lot better and will last many more years to come as a result. Love the XMas decorations you had - I love the Peanuts! I have a Peanuts manger scene that I put out each year.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It's nice that you can decorate/customize your workspace. I imagine it is a good conversation starter too.