Friday, January 21, 2022

Chevron quilt mania - Day 1 - see layout correction

Did you get your fabric cut for your chevron quilts? You have all weekend to get this done as on Monday I will post how to start sewing them together. I did get mine laid out and this is what it looks like. The rows with the X's on them are the pieces I already had cut and were in the scrap pile. There wasn't as much blue as I thought so I just cut the rest of the pieces from my stash.
The layout correction is as follows. Here is what I posted yesterday with the seam lines highlighted in pink
If you want rows of the same fabric from one side to the other, the pieces need to be laid out like this with the seams highlighted in green.
See the difference? The picture here is an example of the rows straight across in the quilt on the left which would be the just like the picture above with the seam highlighted in green. The quilt on the right would be how the quilt would look if you laid out the pieces a different way (I don't like to say wrong, but the design is kind of cute with the chevon going up) 
The one on the right isn't wrong or bad; I was just not what I was aiming for. Not the end of the world! Here is the one I am quilting right now. I am almost done quilting it.
Let me know if you have any questions. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

swooze said...

It took me a minute to see the difference. Who woulda thunk it?.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Both versions are attractive.

Robbie said...

I'm way behind reading blogs...love this pattern!!! Very cool!