Monday, June 22, 2020

This past weekend's list

With giving myself a three day weekend of course I needed to make myself an impossible list! I had a request for a couple more boxy pouches from my SIL and some floral ones for a lady at work so I started cutting those out on Thursday night. I wanted to give the lady at work a lot of choices. I don't have a lot of florals in my stash so I had to dig deep! Here they are laid out with the linings.

I decided that since I was going to make pouches I would dig out the ones that I hadn't finished a year and a half ago. They never made it on the UFO list, but I knew they were on top of the table in the fabric storage room and I needed to just get them done. What was nice is that they were already prepped with the interfacing already ironed on the outer fabric and the handles pressed.

I had to go back to my blog post in Feb of 2018 to refresh my memory on how to put one of these together. I took me over an hour to do the first one! After that I got a bit faster. LOL!! I have made over a hundred of these so you would think that I would never forget how to construct one, but I was a bit rusty!

I finished up the cutting on Friday and stitched Friday and Saturday. I got 18 done with the yellow and orange ones on top going to my SIL.

My sewing time on Saturday morning was interrupted when my neighbor texted me that he wanted to come over and help me cut down the bushes/small trees at the tree line in my back yard. This was in trade for the mending I had done for him. Two and a half hours later it was getting too hot and the sun was covering the back yard so we stopped. Here is the before and after. It doesn't look as dramatic as it does in person. There was a lot of stuff we cut down and cleared out! He is going to come back and cut down a bit more, but for at least now the bushes won't be in my way when I mow. I think I got the better end of the deal! I felt a bit guilty so I gave him a Cleveland Indians boxy pouch. He travels a lot for work so I thought it might come in handy.

It wiped me out doing that yardwork and I struggled getting some sewing done the rest of the day. By the end of the last night I had 9 pouches with the zippers installed, pressed, and have the handles ready

11 ready for Zippers and the handles ready

Then cut out fabric for 13 masks for a fellow at work.

I got a few things crossed off the list. I will just keep at it until its done!

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I can see you got a lot of the small brush cut out in the tree line. It always looks so good when you can see between the tree trunks.

Vicki W said...

I did get some things done this weekend but not as much as you! I wasted too much time on the internet! That habit is getting out of hand.

Ann said...

You made good use of your long weekend. Such beautiful pouches!