Monday, June 15, 2020

Giving away quilts

The Harley quilt got picked up Sunday. She loved it. She gave me a hoodie the had the logo for the poker run.

My son and DIL got a new king bed so none of the previous quilts I had made them fit. I knew my millennium quilt would fit - it's 8' x 10' - so when I went for a visit Saturday I gave it to them. That was hard to let go of that quilt, but it just sat in a pile ever since I finished it. since I don't know how long it will take me to make the quilt my DIL picked out, this is at least something they can use.


I worked on my new garden bed and my deck garden. Slowly I am getting closer to being done. I planted some of the squash. I will have to finish tonight as I was running out of time last night. I had to put the fence up to keep the deer from eating the squash leaves.

I cleaned off the deck and planted a squash plant in one pot to see how it would do and the two kale plants in another. I also planted some bok choy seeds in the kale pot and bok choy in another pot. I wanted to plant some parsley, but I can't find the seeds I bought.

The deck contractor came Friday night and now I am just waiting to find out what it going to cost me to have my deck replaced. The deck is in bad shape; it was bad when I bought the place. The birds like to pick bugs out of the rotting railing!

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

The mellinnium quilt looks great on their bed!

Ann said...

How generous of you to give them the millennium quilt. Repeat designs work so well on a bed. Something soothing in the symmetry of repeats. My plants are in but a neighbor's cat digs at night. I'm going to try sprinkling pepper on the ground.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

The quilt looks great! I always hate to give up my quilts too! I always want to do a background check on the people getting it.