Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Back to the DWR

Now that I am back to going into the office everyday I am getting back to quilting the DWR quilt at lunch time. I feel I have been working on this quilt forever. I hadn't touched it in months which doesn't help! I had got to get this done!
I have plenty of space in my cubical and the light is good. We are not allowed to congregate at lunch time which is ok by me. I just sit in my space and stitch away!

I need to make a template for the center section quilting design. The woman that owns this quilt sent me a picture of how her Grandmother had quilted the other DWQ she had made. I just need to reduce the size of the melon to fit four in each center.

I was really tired when I got home from work yesterday. I got a bite to eat and laid down for 15 minutes then it was outside to water. It hasn't rained in a while so everything needed a drink. I did forget to take a picture of some of the Shasta daisies that bloom. They are blooming only on one plant right now. I trimmed the front yard, but it was too late to mow. If I didn't have to leave the house to go to work I would have gone ahead and mowed, but now timing matters more as I have to schedule my life around going to work. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful I have a job to go to. It was just so nice working from home.

5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

If you are getting the hot weather we are for the next 2 days all of your daisies should bloom. We are hoping for rain this weekend since we haven't had any other than the 1" from the tropical storm remnants.

Vicki W said...

That's too bad that you can't congregate at lunch!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Do you know about Frixion pens for marking?

Kathy S. said...

What a great way to spend your lunch! I am totally in to not congregating at lunch. My husband and I have been practicing social distancing for YEARS! We go to the beat of our own drum. You have a view out the window!!! Woohoo! That makes lunch time even better.

My "yellow things" that I bought on clearance are blooming. They look like they are in the daisy family. Most of my tiger lilies have heads on them. I think they will all pop open next week. I LOVE this time of summer! Colors everywhere.

What a lucky customer you have for you to quilt her quilt for you.

Kaja said...

It sounds like quilting is the perfect way to spend your lunch hours. Working from home has a lot to be said for it!