Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Productive evening

As soon as I got home from work yesterday there was no messing about! I pulled out the DWR quilt and finished up another ring. I finished one ring at work during lunch and got started on the last of the stitching on another ring, but ran out of time to finish it. I needed to stitch the 1/4" quilting on two sides of the center section and quilt the four melon shapes. I still have not laid out this quilt to try and figure out how much I have done or in other words, how much I still need to quilt! LOL!!!

I then turned my attention to the boxy pouches. I like to get groups of them together that need the same color of thread. I had six that needed white thread so I worked on those and got them done. So now I have finished a total of 24, mailed the two to my SIL, and have 14 more to sew together.

I did take a break while sewing the boxy pouches to go outside and see how humid it was. I have that planting bed with the huge mugo pine and noticed it needed some weeding! There was a lot of crabgrass coming up too. I tried pulling a little out and with all the rain it came out easy so I didn't stop. I pretty much had the bed cleaned up in 20 minutes except for the weeds I would have to crawl under the mugo pine. I forgot to take a picture but trust me it was looking bad and now looks better!

It was a productive evening!

4 comments:

Cherie in St Louis said...

It was indeed productive!!! I was sewing masks the same way...groups that used the same color thread....it speeds everything up.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

You are doing a beautiful job on that DWR, ( and the crabgrass!)

Vicki W said...

You are going to have the pink quilt done in no time!

swooze said...

I never thought to hand quilt the DWR. Hmmm I might have to copy you!