Monday, June 29, 2020

Got some stuff done!

I got some stuff done this three day weekend! I got the last four boxy pouches done. These were not on my current UFO list so I don't get to cross them off, but they are done nonetheless! I have made more than 150 of these - some gifts, gave some away, sold a few. I still have a big bag of them at the ready. They do make a quick gift.

One of the IT guys wanted 13 masks and the building division manager wanted a skull mask for a friend. I made two skull masks just because I couldn't decide which fabric I like better. Got those made.

Worked on the DWR ring quilt a bit. I finally laid it out to try and figure out how much I have done. I have 40% of the melons quilted and 15% of the centers quilted. I have set a goal of getting this done by the end of August. Let's hope my fingers hold up!

The Gee's Bend top is squared up and I have stated pin basting it.

Outside I got the entire yard mowed in a single session. That wore me out a bit! I spent a few hours weeding as that task was on my to-do list. I cleaned out the remaining weeds, gave the mugo pine a trim, and got the litrophe planted. I could use some more plants, but I think I will let these grow and maybe split them in the spring.

I worked on the big center flower bed and got the weeds pulled. It was so humid it was hard to see thru my glasses with the sweat dripping. It looks a whole lot better. I still need to give the mugo pine in this bed a trim and crawl underneath it to get a few weeds. Here are the before and after shots. I have more weeding to do and that will have to wait until 4th of July weekend.

I have a bare spot in the middle of the bed where two coneflowers use to live. They didn't come up this year. I will have to find something to plant there. I don't want to transplant anything right now while things are blooming and it is forecasted to get into the 90's.
My deck garden pots are doing well since I seem to remember to water them! LOL!! I need to thin out the Bok Choy. When I watered this morning I saw two yellow squash growing!

Tonight I will check the plants in the garden area to see if any squash is forming on any of those plants.

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

I have total confidence that you will get the pink quilt done before September!

Frog Quilter said...

Wow you have been busy. Good for you!

Keep going, you inspire me!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It is way too hot here to be outside for hours and I imagine you have similar weather right now. Your flower beds look good.

Ann said...

All those lovely quilts. And you are a champ to make the boxes and masks. I'm glad you had a successful long weekend.