Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Dead disposal and more boxy pouches

As soon as I got home from work - yes, I am back to leaving the house everyday :( - my plumber showed up. My garbage disposal quit working and after trying the reset button, checking for anything non-food in the disposal, and checking the breaker I could not get it to work. I didn't have a hex key that would fit to try and loosen the motor, but Anthony had one. He is very smart when it comes to plumbing. He works for a company that is doing the plumbing at the hospital job I had been working on. His one fault is that he like to talk and talk and talk. More talking than work was going on. I finally got up and started doing a few things and said if I didn't have to go to work tomorrow I would be glad to sit and talk, but I have stuff I have to get done. So I went downstairs to the studio and he proceeded to try and figure out what was going on. The final analysis is that the motor is shot, but he managed to unclog the disposal so at least the water drains. When he and his Dad come to put in the new hot water heater they will install the new garbage disposal. Time to get the disposal draining - 20 minutes. Time he was at the house 2 hours! He wouldn't take any money. Last time he and his Dad worked I fixed them stuff shell and cookies to take with them. I will do the same thing again. He was glad that all the work they had done was functioning and that I had no problems.

SO it was now 7 p.m. and there wasn't time to really get into a project so I dug thru my stash looking for floral fabric to make some boxy pouches for one of the women I work with. Here is what I found

Then I have fabric pulled for two boxy pouches for my SIL. I still have to find some fabric for the inside of the blue and orange fish fabric. The other pouch will be that yellow fabric on the outside with the red text fabric for the inside.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Well at least the drain is working while you wait.

swooze said...

Are you selling your pouches?