Monday, June 8, 2020

5th finish for 2020

The Harley t-shirt quilt is finally done! It is 93.5" x 88.5". It is a donation for a poker run that raises money that is donated to charity in memory of Andrea Torres that died in a car accident. Her mother puts on the event and is just the sweetest lady. This is the 5th quilt I have made for this event. This year is the 10th anniversary of Andrea's passing so I wanted to have so extra significance in the design. I decided the X would be represented in the quilt signifying 10 as a Roman numeral and for a hug.

Just so you don't think I never get tired, after working hard May 31 thru June 4 I crashed physically on the 5th. I had a headache, was so tired, and had a bit of dizziness. I just couldn't do anything. I hadn't felt that bad in a long time. On Saturday I was feeling good enough that I could sew the binding on the Harley quilt. I finally was feeling better by Saturday late afternoon that I decided to work on my garden bed for a couple hours. Here is what it looked like to begin with. What a mess! Last summer I had dumped the excess top soil that had lived in the driveway for two years in this bed and never did anything with it.

After running errands Sunday morning, I worked another 45 minutes on the garden then went inside. I went back out at 6:30 and worked another two hours. I had picked up six bags of cypress mulch to edge the bed and here is what it looks like now. I would say I was 3/4 the way done with getting this whole area cleaned up. I am way behind in getting my squash plants in the ground!

On the list this week is getting the garden bed done - I am going to have to get more mulch - and to tear the garage apart again to find out where a smell is coming from. Yes, I got the garage cleaned and now I have an awful smell like a mouse or something has died. Ugh!

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

The quilt turned out great! I know you are glad to have it finished. I hope they get to have their event this year. For an exhausted person you still got a lot done! You might deserve a whole day of relaxing with a book or movies.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Take care of yourself. Working too many hours in the heat is not good for anyone. The Harley quilt is spectacular and the X is a meaningful symbol for it.