Monday, May 13, 2019

Where do I begin?

It was a busy four days helping my brother, but I still managed to get a bit of quilting done. I went from 69% done last week to 83% done. I have 11 days to get this done and that should be no problem.
Thursday afternoon, Friday and Saturday I spend a lot of time along with other family member helping my brother clean up around the house and get rid of stuff. Thursday my brother and I tackled the yard - yes, more yard work! He cut back bushes more that I had done and we moved the rock edging. Friday and Saturday was all about sorting paperwork for shredding, pictures that needed gone thru, hauling out stuff for donating. A couple trips were made to the Goodwill with clothes and on Saturday a guy from a resale shop came with his van to pickup the stuff for donation. I filled my SUV twice with trash bags. My trash bin is full, but on Wednesday I will be adding to my neighbors bins! LOL!! I also spent some time doing some much needed cleaning my house.

I tried hard not to bring anything home. I certainly don't need anything, but there were a few things that found their way to my house. This patch came home with me which I promptly sewed on my R.E.M. wall piece along with several R.E.M. pin buttons
these little charms/key chains which I will use on a wall quilt that I have in progress

this shirt I saved for the fabric - such a crazy print!

my brother handed me these candles

and this tray was just too cool. I had a spot for it in my bookcases.

As everyone cleaned and sorted, I set up a box for guitar picks, foreign coins, and American coin currency. These were found all over the place - LOL!!! I now have a container that weights 7.6 pounds of American coins that I will roll. It will be fun to count up how much is in this container.

I did get my replacement pan this weekend. The bottom is flat like it is suppose to be. I will take the other pan and gift it to my son.

On the private drive at work there are two large ponds and lots of wetlands that attract Canada goose so you have to be careful because they are on the road all the time. This morning as I drove in I saw two Momma birds and their broods. The babies are so cute. The Moms prodded the babies across the road out of harms way.

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

Your brother must be packing up to move. That's always a ton of work! Good that you have family to help.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You are making great progress on the quilting!

I think that is the way to really get rid of stuff, have a crew working at it. It is so easy to get sidetracked in memorabilia when you work alone.

Yay for a flat bottom pan. No sliding off the stove now.

Ann said...

Good work, Patty. How kind of you to help your brother clean. And smart to find bins to separate little items. Clever you to only take a few things that you had places for immediately. Well, except the shirt. It's fabulous and will find it's way into a great quilt soon.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Love all the treasures you saved. I admire your restraint, I would have brought home way more!