Thursday, May 23, 2019

Easy evening

I had a nice slow and easy evening. Just relaxing a bit after a busy week. I do have a pile of some of those new fabrics washed and in need of ironing.

I am going to plant some zucchini and yellow squash in what was going to be a shade garden until I had the pine tree cut down. I had seen a lady start her seeds on a damp paper towel in a plastic bag. Mine have begun to sprout which is so cool! I will next put them in pots of soil. I don't have much of a green thumb so I am going to have to take the time to try nurture these into becoming plants. I was excited to see the seeds actually sprout! I need to get some potting soil so this is a job I am going to take on this weekend.

I was hungry for vegetables so I roasted some frozen broccoli and cauliflower at 425 degrees for 30 minutes stirring them once. I had sprinkled them with a little olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder before roasting. The house smelled so good.

I really don't like broccoli and cauliflower so I have to doctor them up which includes some yum yum sauce. I made my own yum yum sauce. 1 1/4 cups mayo, 1 tsp of tomato paste - now I didn't have any tomato paste so I used a couple of big squirts of catsup - 1/4 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 cup of water which I didn't need that much since I used catsup instead of tomato paste, and you can add 1 to 3 teaspoons of sugar. So this will be my lunch today.

I am taking vacation tomorrow so it will be a nice long 4 day weekend which I am looking forward to! It is hard to say what I will do or accomplish.

Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I hope you have good weather on your 4 day weekend.

Kaja said...

Enjoy your weekend!