Monday, May 6, 2019

Busy times!

I still managed to get some quilting in despite trying to spend as much time as I could cleaning at my brother's house. When I would get too tired to clean I would come home and sew. I now have 69% of the quilting done. I have 18 days to finish which I will need a few evenings to put on the binding, but I think I am in good shape to make the deadline.

I did get a lot done at my brother's house. Another brother came over on Saturday to help with cleaning up the backyard. It was raining, but we went ahead anyway with mowing and trimming. Over the four days I trimmed the bushes in front
power washed the deck and front steps
fixed the downspout
dusted and swept the downstairs and upstairs to get rid of the spider webs and dead bugs, and cleaned the storm door and patio doors to let a lot more light in. My brother helped with changing the furnace filter, replacing light bulbs I couldn't reach, and cleaning out a gutter. Clean sheets are on the bed and the hot water heater has been turned on. The place looks better.

Sunday I quilted, continued the cleaning out my garage, and mowed the front yard. Can you say tired?!!!

I always forget about these little white flowers. It was nice to see them; they are so pretty.

Two of my lavender plants are not showing any signs of life yet. I will just wait and see it they come to life.

Remember the shade garden I was going to make last fall?
Since I had the pine tree cut down, it is no longer in the shade. I have decided to try and grow some squash there. I was at the store looking for yellow squash and they only had some bruised up and soft squash that was not worth the $1.99 a pound. I decided then I needed to grown my own. I will just have to cover them to keep the deer away in case they like the blossoms. I don't know if that is the case; I will have to do more research on that.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

You are doing great on the quilt! Nice work at your brother's house!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have some Jonquils like that too. Mine are just starting to get buds. I think mine are too crowded because they don't have as many flowers as they used to.

You are making great progress on your machine quilting.

Kaja said...

All that cleaning and sorting and you are quilting too! You are a dynamo.