Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Quilting and moving dirt

I am now 86% done with quilting the Harley quilt. I quilted this shirt and part of another shirt last evening.

There was a knock at the door and it was my neighbor inviting me to his birthday party on Saturday. He also asked if his guests could use my driveway for parking like they did last year. There is not much room to park in the cul-da-sac. Of course the answer is yes to the invite and yes to the parking. It did get me to thinking I need to clean up a bit in the driveway so there is more useable parking. So I made myself stop quilting and moved some dirt. The dirt was very wet so I could only fill the wheelbarrow about a third full. I am moving some of the dirt to the shade garden bed that is no longer a shaded bed since the pine tree was removed. Now that it gets more sun I am going to plant zucchini and yellow squash here and it needs dirt because right now it is just compost with pine needles on top of it. I got three loads moved. Here are the befores and afters.
I need to find a home for those rocks and try to move as much dirt as I can in the next 3 1/2 days. As long as we don't get more rain, I think I can put a good dent in that pile.

On my way to work this morning I saw a fox. He was crossing the road in one of the fancy neighborhoods. He stopped behind some low landscaping and watched the traffic go by.

3 comments:

Ann said...

Spring seems well-advanced in your region. Good luck moving wet dirt. And good eyes for noticing the fox.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Wildlife is getting less scared of people all the time, or maybe just so hungry they will brave it into the neighborhoods.

Kaja said...

We have loads of urban foxes in the UK, living right in the middle of cities,hidden away in bigger gardens and parks but also sometimes in people's cellars. I used to have a cat flap into my garage so I could leave water and food for my cats, until the day I watched a fox emerge through it!