Monday, May 20, 2019

Harley all quilted

It has been a busy three days. I did manage to get the Harley quilt quilted. I now have to try and get the binding and label on tonight. The lady wants to pick it up tomorrow.

Friday my nephew's band went to Vermillion, Ohio for a show. The restaurant was small so we had just a little, but very workable, merch table.
Vermillion is right on Lake Erie and is a cute little place.
I had a bit of time before the show so I could walk down to the lake which took all of 5 minutes at a slow stroll!
I was surprised how close the houses were to the lake! You could almost fish out your living room window and your boat was parked in your backyard!
I didn't get to bed until 2:50 a.m. I couldn't sleep any more and was up at 9. I cleaned up the kitchen area and living room because I had asked my neighbor that if there were a couple younger guys coming to his birthday party if they could move my couch into the living room. It had been in the kitchen area since I had my floors refinished at least a year and a half ago. I couldn't move it myself and chance scratching the floor. My couch is now in my living room!
I made a batch of oatmeal raisin cookies and went to the party. It was nice to sit as I was losing steam after only six hours sleep.

Sunday I quilted, did laundry, and mowed and trimmed the yard. I also got another coat of paint on the cupboard doors that I had my SIL's uncle make for me. I got two doors installed, but the third door won't stay on. I don't know what the issue is.

I won this nice tote bag from Bear Creek Quilting. It even has a zipper.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It looks like you just made it with your Harley quilt deadline. I wonder if the lake level is up high there or if the houses are always that close to the lake. I know Lake Michigan level is quite a bit higher this year. The beaches are getting smaller.

Kaja said...

Congratulations on the finish! I hope you get some good photos before it is collected. Your couch definitely looks better in the living room than in the kitchen.

Vicki W said...

I'm just catching u[p after vacation. Congrats getting the Harley quilt quilted! Vermillion looks like a really cute town.