Tuesday, May 21, 2019

3rd finish of 2019 - binding at the speed of light

I fixed something to eat then got to work binding the Harley quilt. The lady is coming tonight to pick it up. I was sewing as fast as I could and it is done! I totally machine stitched the binding on and it looks good. I had a really nice piece of organic black cotton that had a lovely finish to it and made great binding. I didn't have time to get my hanging pole reinstalled so I could take a proper picture so this is the best I could do for now.

Here is the back. The quilt turned out 90" x 86.5" The quilt still needs a label and I will do that when I get home from work tonight. The lady picking up the quilt might have to wait just a bit, but that way we can visit a little. In case you don't know, the lady has a poker run to raise money to donate to charity in remembrance of her daughter who died in a car accident. This is the 9th year for the poker run and the fourth quilt I have donated. I got hooked up with her because my nephew's band played at a couple of the poker runs at the bar-b-que they have.

Yesterday outside the window of my work space was juvenile hawk. He spent several hours coming and going. This is my first spring here at the home office so there are new things to see every day. I bet the hawk is around because of all the Canada goose hatchlings.

2 comments:

Janice Holton said...

Congrats on that finish! Whew! I always feel such a rush when I finish a project so I envy you that feeling today! :)

Vicki W said...

Yay! I know they are thrilled with the quilt!