Monday, August 13, 2018

Will sew for steak

It was a busy three days sewing and working two shows. The show on Friday had a smaller crowd because of the rain that arrived in the afternoon. The band did not play until 10 p.m. I sold a few things at the merch booth.

I didn't get to bed until almost 2 a.m. and got up at 9. We left for the next show at 3. Again not a huge crowd, but the people there seemed to enjoy the show.

I didn't sell a lot of merch, but there was a nice cool breeze blowing thru the building.
There were these huge hanging baskets of flowers outside the doors.

On Sunday a friend was coming over with a couple of sewing projects she needed help with so on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday morning I spent some serious time cleaning up the house with some sewing squeezed in between. The house looks so much better. I did get one more boy baby quilt quilted. Oh, I miscounted and I had five not six that needed quilted.

Then I got the remaining three blue baby quilts pin basted.

My friend showed up about 11 a.m. and the two projects she had were to make a mermaid blanket and some kind of a blanket with a Batman theme. We tossed a few ideas around and we came up with this Batman blanket with wings. We added handles to the sides of the wings so the kid could flap the wings.

I had made a couple mermaid blankets before so knocking this one out was easy. My friend was very happy with the finished items.

My friend brought me a package of two frozen filet mignon steaks from a whole tenderloin she and her significant other had bought a few months ago as a thank you for helping her with these projects. She took me to lunch too! I have the filets thawing out in the fridge. So the answer is yes - I will sew for steak! LOL!!!

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

No one I know uses time better than you! I think time is more important than money... as I sit here wandering the web,

swooze said...

Ooh I think I’d sew for steak too! How’s the treasure hunt going?

Ann said...

I've never seen the mermaid blanket. Such a clever idea. And the handholds for Batman will make some kiddo quite happy.
Filet mignon is my favorite steak. I'd come over and help you eat them if I was closer. Enjoy.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

wow! Love those blankets for the kids. and the meat. love the meat.....