Monday, August 6, 2018

More quilting done

I tried to stay busy this weekend and get some stuff done. Dishes - done! Mowing - done! Gather up recycling - done! Quilt another baby quilt - done!

I used a medium blue thread and I like the way the back looks. Only five more to quilt!

I worked on the pattern for the remaking of the double wedding ring quilt. I didn't think the size was quite right so I added another 1/16" to all the pieces.

I then made a test block out of scraps so I could check the width.

The block turned out a bit big so I trimmed off the 1/16" and it should be 16 1/2" across when sewn together. So far I am not enjoying making this block, but I don't have to worry about the top being remade perfectly. It is such a wreck now that anything I do will be an improvement!

On my list also this weekend was to get the primer on the rest of the baseboard I need to finish up the living room and a bedroom. Got that done! Now I need to lightly sand the pieces so I can put on the finish coats of paint.

Make a pot of beef vegetable soup for breakfasts and lunches this week - done!

Saturday the blimp was flying around the neighborhood. I think they were out and about for the football hall of fame game which was about 30 miles from where I live.

Then I saw this petunia at work. How it ended up and is surviving in such a harsh place is amazing.

5 comments:

Charlene S said...

You are always busy! It is too hot to make or eat soup here.

Ann said...

You've been very productive. Good for you.

swooze said...

Hang in there on the DWR you’ll find your rhythm!

Vicki W said...

Great progress!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Hey, petunia! That is a life lesson, isn't it? for both of us!