Thursday, August 2, 2018

A little progress, rocks, and a win!

Even though I was so tired when I got home from work, I managed to get the backs all cut for the 6 boy quilts. I ran out of the fish fabric so I found another piece I had bought for backing. I have them all stacked up ready to press and then I will pin baste one at a time.

Working in 80+ degree heat everyday just takes the energy out of me. When I get home I have to just sit for a couple hours in the A/C to try and muster up enough energy to maybe do something for 15 - 20 minutes. I feel just awful today.

Remember the maple syrup that fellow brought us last week? Yesterday afternoon he brought my boss and I each a quart of a darker syrup. I opened that puppy up, tasted it, and oh is it delicious! It has a praline, brown sugar taste with hints of caramel. The fellow gets a kick out of me tasting the syrup in front of him and giving him my impressions. He says I review it like wine! LOL!!

I did get one of the subcontractors to load up two of the bigger rocks in my car yesterday. I could not lift these rocks myself. Yes, I thought I was done with the rocks, but I could use a few more of the bigger ones.

I won these books in a giveaway on Sarah's blog Confessions of a fabric addict. They are really beautifully put together books and I spied a couple of quilts that would be great for all those scraps I have.

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

How did you get the rocks out of the car and moved?

barbara woods said...

congrats! looks like great "wish" books

Kaja said...

Heat can be very draining, but it's terrible that you are having to work in such unsatisfactory conditions. That maple syrup sounds fantastic!

swooze said...

I saw you had won. Congrats! So who’s lifting the Ricks out of the car when you get home?