Friday, August 3, 2018

TGIF

I am so glad it is Friday. Two days out of the heat will be so wonderful. I did get to the library the other day and picked up this book on double wedding ring quilts by Mary Ellen Hopkins.
I remember my Mom had a copy of this soft covered book, but I don't know what happened to it. I needed the pattern for refurbishing this quilt that belongs to an friend

The library this came from had hard covered bound the book and the pattern, although a little beat up, was in the book.

The pattern would make a circle that was bigger than what I needed so I reduced it on the copier. The first try was at 85%, but that ended up with a 15 1/8" block which is too small. I ran some more copies at 88%, 90%, and 92% so I will have to add up the measurements and see which one gets me the closest to a 16 1/2" block.

Yes, I will have to go old school with this and make templates, but I am not in a big hurry so I will be working on this between other projects. This would be a good project, that is, drawing around the templates on the fabric and cutting out the pieces while watching TV.

The subcontractors are cutting metal studs with a chop saw this morning and does it ever stink. I will be glad with 3:00 p.m. rolls around! Here is the view from my desk this morning. He was cutting studs on the other side of the yellow scaffolding.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I remember that Mary Ellen Hopkins book. I made a 3 ring table runner and I was done with Double Wedding ring.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

How interesting. I thought you were having a desk in a closet though. You came out of the closet? LOL!!! Sorry. That was my funny for the day, i am tired giddy!

glen

swooze said...

I think once you get your sizes worked out you’ll enjoy working in this quilt.

Ann said...

How very kind of you to repair your friend's quilt. I've played with enlarging and reducing designs, too. It's a bit tricky, isn't it? Hope you had a lovely weekend.