Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Tote bag progress, been shopping

I got 20 bags sewn together last evening. Yeah! I have another 10 ready for handles and six that I need to press the tops of the bags and mark for the handle placement.
Next I will have to dig around and see what I can come up with for more bags. I have this bolt of very stiff gold and black plaid. It is wide so I will be able to get a lot of bags out of that bolt. The orange and black fabric - there is around 8 yards that was given to me for bags, but I have been on the fence about cutting it up. I kind of like it and it would make a fun backing. I don't have a quilt in mind for it, so I just may make a couple project bags and cut the rest for tote bags.
While I was sewing the wind started and it was getting dark. A big storm cloud moved in and then it started to pour. It only rained hard for about 10 minutes, but we will take what rain we can get!
I talked to one of my brothers yesterday and he had a couple projects for me. He would like a baby quilt for a friend and it is going to be a fun one! I need to incorporate skulls, checkerboard, and mushrooms. I am going to add guitar and music fabric too. It took some searching to find the black and white checkerboard fabric. I still need to find some mushroom fabric that I like. I have plenty of skull, guitar and music fabric. Here is what I pulled so far.
Since it will be hard to coordiante all these different subjects, I think I will make a chevron quilt like the Buffet inspired baby quilt I made in 2013.
The other project will have to wait until I get measurements from him, but it sounds like it will be the shortest drum riser curtain ever. LOL! I have plenty of that fabric on hand. My shopping lately has been a wool batt for stuffing smalls cross stitch pieces (I ran out of wool batting I had), bought a two 10 yard bolts of fabric that were on sale at a crazy good price, and found some older black and white fabrics that I know will be useful. One piece was a Nancy Crow stripe I just had to have.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

Good work on all of the tote bags!

Cherie Moore said...

Whelp, there it is! Still rather ugly ;-)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That orange splashy fabric looks like a good back for an African fabric quilt. I'm sure it would also make great tote bags and you might have people purchasing just to get one of those.