Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Darn deer!

When I get home from work I like to take a quick trip around the yard just to look. The neighbor has some day lilies and some purple plant flowering in his wild backyard. The deer are too lazy to jump over the fence to eat the few day lily flowers.
I saw that one of the deer pushed the lower part of my fence that surrounds my Cora Bell bed and chomped the heck out of the cora bell Wanda has sent me a couple years ago. I was just starting to flower and it was huge! Darn Deer!!!! They pulled a couple of clumps off the plant so I dug a hole and stuck those back in the ground.
I then proceeded to mend the fence by adding a couple more rebar stakes and tying the fence at the bottom to make it tight. The ground was bone dry so later I spent about an hour watering the blazes out of everything. Hopefully the plant makes a comeback and the two clumps grow. I will just have to make sure it gets water every day. It rained fairly hard this morning and we did get some rain early this morning which was nice. I didn't hear the rain that fell earlier I just saw the driveway was wet when I got up at 5:10.
I sorted out the floss by brand. There is a lot of Iris, some DMC, and the rest is unknown.
I will take the DMC and rewind the new stuff with the floss I have stored in my Magnum boxes. In case you are wondering, I do not have every color of DMC, but I would guess maybe 80%.  In the single sided case I also have my stash of Cosmos embroidery floss.

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your Magnum box was designed and made by Plano Molding in Plano IL, the next town east of me. Their shipping facility is on the east edge of Sandwich. They have an outlet store in Plano, a very dangerous place to go because I'm always tempted to buy something I don't need. I have many of their double sided boxes that were made for Hot Wheels cars and mine have machine embroidery thread in them.