Friday, July 12, 2024

Busy Friday

Yesterday I took some time off work to hang out with a friend who was in town. She had moved a couple months ago. She had a gift card for a restaurant so we used that up. This is the warm, crusty bread they brought. The saucer had balsamic and olive oil for dipping; I skipped the dipping and just ate a bit of the bread. Delicious! She had a chicken parm salad and I had and pizza.
I needed to water the plants last evening. Something was chomping at a couple of my coneflowers, but at least they didn't eat them all.
This morning I got taken out to the job site and a lot has changed. The ironworkers are assembling the beams for the second push.
We also watched the asphalt being laid for a bike path. We had to do some rerouting of the bike path due to the bridge construction. A couple of the interns had never seen asphalt being laid so we were there for about an hour watching.
Then we went to another area where the piles are in the ground and soon they will be building another pier.
Getting in and out of the pickup truck tired me out. I am short and the trucks are not! LOL!!! I should have brought a little step stool! I guess this weekend I need to get something done on that t-shirt quilt. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have a lot of bugs eating leaves on most of my plants. I guess a mild winter means more bugs.
I hate getting in and out of big pickup trucks and I know there are trucks a lot higher than them to get into. I bet it is fun seeing the progress on the job.