Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Stitching, resting, and animals

I had a busy day at work and was tired when I got home. Fiddled around cleaning up a bit, washing sheets, and folding towels. I did work a bit more on the birthday cross stitch. Here is where I was yesterday and where I am now
I pulled out of the garage this morning and saw a doe looking for some breakfast. I don't know if this is the new mother or not.
Saturday night after I got home from the musical, I heard a lot of noise in my attached garage. It sounded like a larger animal; I was guessing a racoon somehow snuck into the garage when I came home. I was at a loss of what to do. He was right by the door that I go thru to get into the garage so I wasn't opening the door! I did pound on the door a few times. I didn't have a garage door opener in the house so I couldn't open the garage door. The man door for the garage was blocked with a chair for safety. It sounded like the animal was tearing up the place. I texted my neighbor to see if he had any ideas so he came over. Here my garage door was open! With flashlights we searched the garage and whatever was in there left probably from me pounding on the door. There was a huge racoon hanging around last weekend. I wonder if it was him?
I am keeping one of the garage door openers in the house from now on so I can open the door just in case!

3 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

Oh wow! I would not have wanted to open the door either! Raccoons can be destructive, lucky you.

Elaine M said...

Your cross stitch is lovely, great color. We have skunks, raccoons and opossums crossing our yard since the neighbor has a fish pond next door. My husband spreads coyote urine pellets to keep them out of our yard, away from the house and out of the fruit trees. You don't smell it. Good luck.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That would be scary to hear! Good idea to have an opener in the house. I have an extra one in my kitchen.