Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Sampler and more sewing for the band

Yesterday I had such a busy day at work I was dog tired by the time I got home. It was all I could do to get a bite to eat and just sit to try and get a second wind. I did finally stitch a bit on that small sampler. Here is where I was, where I am now, and what it will look like when it is done.
You see that phone holding down the linen in the second picture? That is my new work phone I had to go and get set up yesterday. It is an iPhone 15 and I have to learn how to use it. Everything is swiping, but there are no directions on what to do to get things to work! I don't use my work phone but for phone calls, texting, and going on the internet so I should be able to figure it out or ask someone who can show me. The phone is 6" long. I did get a phone call on my personal phone from my brother. His buddy on tour needs some bands made for holding wireless transmitters on the guitars he is the tech for. I don't know which fellow in the band, but I will find out. It will be another piece of Patty on the stage! My brother thought I had made the ones his buddy had, but they had rivets holding them together (really? they used rivets?). I did not make those. They got me some measurement so I order the elastic last night which will arrive tomorrow so I can get started on them. My nephew is going to the Springsteen show on Sunday in Columbus so I can send them with him. I need to make twenty. Here is what the band looks like.
My brother said if his buddy likes them, he will want more. I did get a good night's sleep so I do feel better today.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have never had an iphone but I know that Samsung phones have manuals online with tips for use. I always dread getting a new smartphone because they add a ton of things that I will never use.

Vicki W said...

I don't see you having a rest day anytime soon! I hate learning new phones. Ugh.

Robbie said...

You are such a good sister! Nice your brother has his own seamstress!