Thursday, April 18, 2024

Hit the ground running

There was no messing about when I got home from work yesterday. The elastic for the bands came. Yeah!
But the first thing I did was to plant the zucchini. They are now sitting on the kitchen table. I did push the table closer to the sliding door so they would get the morning light.
After I got the mess cleaned up from that I headed out to meet a coworker for dinner. She is the lady that took the project bags to sell and works out of the office 2 1/2 hours away. She was staying in town for meetings so I offered to take her someplace for dinner. She was hungry for Italian so I took her to a local place. She had baked spaghetti and I got a pizza big enough for leftovers. Here is what was left of my pizza.
When I got home from dinner I needed to get a start on the bands. I cut the lengths of elastic 5 1/2 inches and marked a line at 4 1/2 inches for my overlap.
These bands are so small I knew there would be no way to hold the layers in place while I sewed them. I decided to run a bead of glue in the overlap area, fold the elastic over, and clamp it with a binder clip. I didn't know if this would work, but I went ahead and did all twenty I needed to make.
This morning I had a few minutes to try and sew one of the bands and I was successful! It is a bit fiddley to get the elastic under the presser foot, but it didn't take too long to sew. These just seem so small, but they are elastic and they need to hold the wireless transmitted tight to the guitar strap.
I decided to quickly cut out and prep fabric and interfacing to make a boxy pouch to put the bands in. Much better than using a plastic bag in my book! I will whip that together tonight so I can hand these off to my brother tomorrow (this would be another brother not the one who needs the bands).
In my package from Wawak with the elastic, they tucked in a sheet of stickers. This is the first time I have ever received these. This is the same place I bought that thread and zippers for the project bags.
I had to stick the SEW one on my Yeti I carry every day with my water.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That pizza looks so good I think I'll have to order one tonight.
I hope your friend sold a lot of your bags.

Vicki W said...

Good luck on your production sewing!

Robbie said...

I am a foodie and that pizza looks GREAT!!