Thursday, April 11, 2024

Let's get physical

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth! LOL!! I have just been so busy. Work has been physically demanding with all the shipments of stuff we have been getting lately. Yesterday a truck pulled up with two large crates that had tool storage boxes in them. Because of something else on the dock, I couldn't use the dock plate so the driver and I had to drag the smaller box off. It is the one in the picture with all the stuff on top. The other tool box was so heavy! I cut the cardboard off of it so we could see what we were working with. Between the pallet jack and me pushing, we got the thing turned around in the truck so we could open it. Inside was all the other stuff that had been ordered. No wonder it was so heavy compared to the other tool box! We had to unload the tool box before we could drag it onto the dock.
It took us about a half hour to pull the stuff out of the tool box. What wouldn't fit on top of the smaller box, I put here circled in green.
They call this a 6" bridge clamp, but it is really overall about 12" in length and weighs at least 25 pounds! We only received part of what we ordered so there is another 44 coming of this size. There were 4" ones too.
Then a fellow dropped off a bunch of safety supplies - gloves, vest, glasses - from the home office. Thanks goodness I had ordered myself this two-wheel dolly or otherwise I would have to try and drag all these boxes all the way to the safety supply room. Let's just say I was tired when I got home from work!
I was so tired when I got home I fell asleep in my sewing chair. I did do a couple things around the house once I woke up, but no quilting happened. I have been working on a sampler. I don't remember where I got this picture, but I am stitching it just off the picture. I don't get too concerned with exactness. Here is the picture and where I am right now. Once I get it stitched, I will over dye it to age it.

2 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

Goodness, I hope you are feeling better and that all that tugging, pushing and moving doesn't cause your legs to flare up! Isn't that amazing that something Emily did in 1844 is still around?

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That was a lot of heavy lifting and moving. It's no wonder you fell asleep iny your sewing chair.